Monday, April 25, 2016

Thoughts on Drawing

I used to be pretty ambivalent about drawing. Whenever I saw a really good drawing, I would always think about how awesome it would be to be able to draw like that but I was never really interested enough to sit down and put in effort to learn. I did take an art class when I was in middle school but even at that time, drawing didn't particularly excite me. My art education pretty much stopped there until I decided to take ArtVis 199 here at Duke.

I think that this class has turned out to be one the most rewarding classes that I have taken here. I particularly liked it because it helped balance out my engineering/math and science workload even if it did take up a lot of my time. One thing that I learned about myself, as an artist, and maybe as a person in general, is that I take a lot of pride in the stuff that I draw/make and I love showing my drawings off to people, even if they are bad. Throughout the semester, I liked being able to point to something and say, "I made this." I feel like drawing might stick this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment