Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Joi McLaughlin's Thoughts On Drawing

I love drawing. It's very therapeutic and relaxing for me and functions as my escape from the outside world. With my charcoal pencil in hand and headphones in my ears, I get into a focused but serene mindset while everything around me seems to fade away. I also appreciate the challenge drawing gives me.  It forces me to plan, to be patient, to have faith, and learn to improvise when a mark on the page doesn't seem to fit. Additionally there is no greater feeling than the joy that comes with completion of a piece. When I look back and see what I created, I know that it was all worth it: every second, every minute, every cramp in my hand, and every moment of faith taken after my pencil's tip first embraced the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment